Welcome

My tutorials are all copyright compliant and created for those with a working knowledge of PSP. All tutorials are of my own creation and any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidence. I strive to be 100% copyright compliant, so if you see something of yours on my blog that I haven't given credit for, please notify me immediately so I can give credit or take it down. Do not take my tutorials and claim them as your own or place them on another site. Direct people to my blog instead. I hope you enjoy my tutorials!
Powered by Blogger.

My Visitors

Monday, August 22, 2011

New PTU tut: Shiver Me Timbers


For this tutorial you will need the following:
Scrap kit: PTU kit Shiver Me Timbers By Sweet Cravings Scraps HERE
Template: Shiver Me Timbers by Me HERE
Tube: I am using the awesome art work of PinUp Toons HERE
(I bought mine from CILM so I am using that license number)
Font Used: Treasure Map Deadhand

♥ Let's Get started! ♥
Open template, image, resize size 600x600. Image, Canvas size 700x700
For the drop shadow on evertying I am using the following settings:
Verticle: 2, Horizontal: 2, Opacity: 70, Blur: 6, color black. (you use what ever you want)
Remember to save as you go.
(*Resize everything before you start copy and pasting)
Paper 5 (resize 60%)
Paper 6 (resize 90%)
Paper 10 (resize 80%)
Barrel (resize 34%)
Fishing Net 2 (resize 78%)
Flare (Do Not resize)
Flower 7,8,&9 (resize 40%)
Lantern (resize 32%)
Parrot (resize 58% mirror)
Scroll 1 (resize 32%)
Scroll 2 (resize 40%)
Ship Wheel (resize 48%)
Treasure Chest (resize 34%)
Tube (if using the same Do not resize, mirror)
You can always refer to the sample for placement of anything!
Delete the copyright and the word art layer.
Select the the Circle layer, selections, float, defloat, invert.
Copy and paste paper 5, hit delete on the keyboard. Selections, select none.
Delete the circle layer.
Make sure you add your dropshadow to everthing as you go.
Select the rectangle layer, selections, float, defloat, invert, copy and paste paper 6
Hit delete. Selections, select none and delete the grey rectangle layer.
Select the large square, selections, float, defloat, invert copy and paste paper 10
hit delete. Selections, select none and delete the grey square layer.
Copy and paste the flare, see sample for placement, with the eraser tool, erase the tip of
the flare so it barely sticks up over the square.  Duplicate mirror.
Copy and paste the fishing net, adjust above the rectangle layer just below the flares.
Copy and paste flower 7,8, and 9.  Drag just below the frame and circle layers, see sample
for placement.  Duplicate flower 8 and move to oposite side like example.
Remember to add dropshadows as you go.
below the frame layer copy and paste the barrel and treasure chest.  position to bottom
left side.  copy and paste the lantern, duplicate and change color to a warm yellow/orange
color, adjust, blur, gaussian blur at 20.  Copy and paste the parrot and adjust to top right
side of circle frame.  copy and paste scroll 2, using the pick tool, rotate the scroll as in
example.  Copy and paste the ships wheel. Copy and paste the tube, add dropshadow. Copy and
paste scroll 1 move over the tube hand as the example and lower the opacity of the scroll
until you can see the hand below it, erase only the scroll that is above the hand, so it looks
like the tube is holding the scroll.
Crop and resize.  I resized mine to 500 pixels.  Make sure the DPI
is at 72.  Add your name.  I added a gradient glow to the name on the following settings:
Basic Tab: Glow width 3, Soft corners 25%, Overall opacity 100%
color Tab: using black, drag a second tab to 3/4 accross so there are 2 black tabs.
Add your copyrights for the tube.  Don't forget to add your license number
if using a PTU tube.
Merge visible and save! you're done! Simple and easy. 
I would love to see what you made!
Thank you for following my tutorial!  If you have any questions please email me at
kissnjoe@yahoo.com!

0 comments:

.

About Me

My Photo
Crys
I am a SAHM of 2 very active kids and a Wife to a wonderful man. I also take care of my grandma who lives with us...so yep I am a busy girl...lol, I started out as a tagger almost 4 yrs ago and then I started making templates and writing tutorials, one day I decided I wanted to try my hand at making scrap kits...and almost 2 years later, I am still making them. I have met a lot of amazing people along the way that have helped and given me support through-out all of this. Big hugs and thanks! Well that is about it, if you want to know more...just shoot me an email!
View my complete profile

My Friends

My Scrap Blog

Photobucket

Snag My Blinkie

My Blinkie

Email Me

Send your results from my tutorials and I'll post them on my blog. I'd love to see what you make! Just send them to me at the link below and I'll get them posted. creativescrapsbycrys@yahoo.com