Welcome

My tutorials are all copyright compliant and created for those with a working knowledge of PSP. All tutorials are of my own creation and any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidence. I strive to be 100% copyright compliant, so if you see something of yours on my blog that I haven't given credit for, please notify me immediately so I can give credit or take it down. Do not take my tutorials and claim them as your own or place them on another site. Direct people to my blog instead. I hope you enjoy my tutorials!
Powered by Blogger.

My Visitors

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

FTU tutorial - Hotter than a Firecracker

For this tutorial you will need the following:

I've used a PTU tube by PinUp Toons. You can purchase his art HERE
(*Note you must have a license to use his art)

Scrap Kit: FTU Hotter than a Firecracker kit by Stormy and Crys HERE

Template by Crys HERE

Plug-ins: (Optional)
Eyecandy 4000: Gradient glow, and glass

Font Used: Nadall


♥ Let's Get started! ♥

In Psp Open the template. Delete the word art.
For the drop shadow on evertying I am using the following settings:
Verticle: 3, Horizontal: 3, Opacity: 70, Blur: 6, color black. (you use what ever you want)
(*Resize everything before you start copy and pasting)
Open your scrap kit and select:
Paper 6 (resize by 62%)
Paper 10 (resize by 62%)
Firecracker 2 (resize by 36% free rotate right 28%)
Firecracker 3 (resize by 36% free rotate left 20%)
Metal Stars 2
ss fireworks (resize by 22%)
ss fireworks 2 (resize by 38%)
ss glitter swirl 3 (free rotate right 15%)
ss wire 2 (resize 78% & flip)
ss wordart 2 (resize to your liking)

Copy and paste the metal stars, drag to the bottom layer. Add drop shadow. Copy and paste ss fireworks 2
adjust under the firecracker template. Select the circle layer, selections, select all,
float, defloat, add a new raster layer, flood fill with white. Selections, select none.
delete the grey circle layer. Now we are going to add the gradient glow around the circle.
This is optional, if you do not have this plug in, don't worry, you don't have to use it.
If you are going to use it... Effects, plugins, eyecandy 4000, gradient glow on these settings..
Glow Width 6.77
Soft Corners 25
Overall Opacity 100
Draw only outside selection checked
Under the color tab
using blue for the first tab, white half way out on the second slider, and red all the
way to the end. (adjust to your liking)
Click ok. Add your drop shadow.
copy and paste ss wire 2 place over the white circle layer. Adjust to where you like it,
you can use the example for placement. Add your drop shadow.
select the square behind the firecracker template, selection, select all, float, defloat, invert
copy and paste paper 10, press the delete button on your keyboard. Delete the grey square
and add your gradient glow, only change it so the blue and the red are reversed. Add drop shadow
Select the bottom layer of the firecracker template, click on manual color correction and
change it from grey to a darker red color. Adjust, add noise, on these settings...
Uniform checked
48%
monochrome checked
Click ok and add your drop shadow.
On the star layer of the firecracker, go to adjust, add noise, and use the same settings as
above, only change the % to 86%. Add your drop shadow. Click on the oval top part of the
firecracker and change it to red as you did before with the manual color changer. Select
wick, effects, plugins, eyecandy 4000, glass. Leave all the settings the as is, only click
on settings, and select glass tube adjust the width until you like it, and click ok. Add your
drop shadow to it.
Click on the rectangle layer, selections, select all, float, defloat, invert, copy and paste
paper 6 and press delete on your keyboard. Delete the grey rectangle and add your gradient glow
as before on the white circle. Add your drop shadow.
Select one of the star templates, selections, select all, float, defloat, add a new raster layer
and flood fill with a red white and blue gradient. Delete the grey layer star and add your
gradient glow to the star, same as the white circle. Add your drop shadow, now right click on
the star in the layer palatte, and duplicate it. Move it over the other star and delete that
grey template too. Copy and paste ss fireworks and move to the top left corner of the red
rectangle.
Copy and paste ss glitter swirl 3 and adjust so it sets over both stars. Add your drop shadow
Copy and paste ss wordart 2. make sure it fits over the stars, with the stars still
showing. Use the example for exact placement. Add your drop shadow.
Copy and paste both firecrackers and adjust to your liking on top of the wordart.
Add drop shadow to both. Add your Tube, if using the same one I am, then resize it by 86%.
Add your drop shadow, if using a different tube, adjust and resize accordingly. Now add your
name to it and your copyright info! Don't forget your copyright info and license number if using
a PTU tube! Resize and you are done. I resize mine to 500 wide.
This tutorial is just a guide! Have fun and add what you want to yours, if you do follow the
tutorial, please leave me a link where I can see it or email me with it! I would love to see
your work! Thank you so much!

0 comments:

.

About Me

My Photo
Crys
I am a SAHM of 2 very active kids and a Wife to a wonderful man. I also take care of my grandma who lives with us...so yep I am a busy girl...lol, I started out as a tagger almost 4 yrs ago and then I started making templates and writing tutorials, one day I decided I wanted to try my hand at making scrap kits...and almost 2 years later, I am still making them. I have met a lot of amazing people along the way that have helped and given me support through-out all of this. Big hugs and thanks! Well that is about it, if you want to know more...just shoot me an email!
View my complete profile

My Friends

My Scrap Blog

Photobucket

Snag My Blinkie

My Blinkie

Email Me

Send your results from my tutorials and I'll post them on my blog. I'd love to see what you make! Just send them to me at the link below and I'll get them posted. creativescrapsbycrys@yahoo.com