Welcome

My tutorials are all copyright compliant and created for those with a working knowledge of PSP. All tutorials are of my own creation and any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidence. I strive to be 100% copyright compliant, so if you see something of yours on my blog that I haven't given credit for, please notify me immediately so I can give credit or take it down. Do not take my tutorials and claim them as your own or place them on another site. Direct people to my blog instead. I hope you enjoy my tutorials!
Powered by Blogger.

My Visitors

Thursday, June 10, 2010

FTU Tutorial - It's a Party!

Hi Everyone! I wrote another tutorial, this time I am using my It's a Party Scrap kit! I just love the colors in it!
For this tutorial you will need the following:

I've used a PTU tube by Keith Garvey. You can purchase his art HERE
(*Note you must have a license to use his art)

Scrap Kit: FTU It's a Party scrap kit by Crys HERE

Template by Crys HERE

Plug-ins: (Optional)
Eyecandy 4000: Gradient glow, and glass
Xero: Radiance, and fritillary

Font Used: Sniplash

♥ Let's Get started! ♥

In Psp Open the template.
For the drop shadow on evertying I am using the following settings:
Verticle: 3, Horizontal: 3, Opacity: 70, Blur: 6, color black. (you use what ever you want)
(*Resize everything before you start copy and pasting)
Open your scrap kit and select:
Balloon rainbow 2 (resize 70%)
Bracket (free rotate right 90%)
Butterfly 4 (resize 40%, free rotate left 15%)
Circle Wire
sprinkles 1 (resize 78%)

Copy and paste the circle wire, drag to the bottom adjust so you can see it on the left side.
See example for placement. Add your drop shadow.
Leave the black square, black click effects, plugins, gradient glow Using these settings:
Glow width: 5
Soft Corners: 25
Overall opacity: 100
Draw only outside selection: checked
Click on color and make the first slider white, add a second slider and make it black.
Opacity set to 100. Click ok. Add your drop shadow.
Copy and paste the sprinkles, drag it just above the bottom black square. Adjust to your liking,
duplicate, mirror, and move to the bottom right corner. See example for placement. Add you
drop shadow.
I used the pink and the blue color from the kit, by taking the dropper tool and picking up the colors
from the sprinkles. Select the large grey square, selections, select all, float, defloat,
add a new raster layer, and flood fill with a gradient from the blue and pink colors you selected.
Select none, and delete the grey square. Copy and paste the close up of the tube, (if using
the same tube that I am, then click on image, mirror then resize by 82%) Adjust it to the right
side of the square. Click on the square, selections, select all, float, defloat, invert, select
the close up tube, and click delete. Effects, xero, radiance with these settings...
Strangeness: 128
Charm: 50
Truth: 128
Beauty: 255
Click ok. On the layers palatte change the blend mode to Luminance (L) and adjust opacity to 52.
Copy and paste the balloon rainbow and adjust above the tube on the bottom right. Check the
example for placement. Add your drop shadow, then click on the square again and selections
select all, float, defloat, invert and click back on the balloons and hit delete on your
keyboard.
Back on the gradient square, effects, plugins, eyecandy 4000, gradient glow. Use these settings...
Glow width: 5
Soft Corners: 25
Overall opacity: 100
Draw only outside selection: checked
Click on color and make the first slider black, add a second slider and make it white, and
make the third slider black. Opacity set to 100. Click ok. Add your drop shadow.
Select the top diamond shape, click on manual color correction, change the diamond to the blue
color. Effects, plugins, xero, fritillary on these settings...
Granularity: 8
Aggression: 30
Tesselation: 100
Variation: 61
Now click ok, Effects, plugins, eyecandy 4000, gradient glow on these settings:
Glow width: 5
Soft Corners: 25
Overall opacity: 100
Draw only outside selection: checked
Click on color and make the first slider black, add a second slider and make it white, and
make the third slider black. Opacity set to 100. Click ok. Add your drop shadow.
Select the bottom Diamond, click on the manual color correction, change the diamond to pink,
and repeat the steps above.
Click on the words "IT's A" and click on manual color corrections and change to pink, effects,
plugins, eyecandy 4000, glass on these settings...
Click on the settins in the "glass" box and click on glass tube, on the basics tab...
Bevel Width 31.70
Smoothness 100
Inside Marquee checked
Edge Darkening 25
Gradient shading 0
Refraction 50
Opacity 80
Tinting 5
Click ok, click on adjust, add noise on these settings...
Uniform checked
Noise 36
Monochrome checked.
Effects, plugins, eyecandy 4000, gradient glow on these settings...
Glow width: 5
Soft Corners: 25
Overall opacity: 100
Draw only outside selection: checked
Click on color and make the first slider black.
Click ok.
On the word Party Follow the same steps as above only changing it to blue.
Hide everything except the wordart and merge visible. Selections, float, defloat,
modify, expand by 6. Add a new raster layer and flood fill white.
click on adjust, add noise on these settings...
Uniform checked
Noise 48
Monochrome checked.
Drag below the wordart and add your drop shadow. Unhide everything.
Copy and paste the bracket, see example for placement, copy and paste the butterfly and
arrange on top of the bracket on the bottom. Copy and paste your tube,add your drop shadow
(if using the same tube as I am then resize it by 80% and follow the next steps.)
Erase the parts of the tube that overlap the bottom diamond. To erase the tube, I select
the diamond, selections, select all, float, defloat and then erase any part of the tube
I don't want to show. Follow the same directions on the word art so the tube doesn't cover
the a in the word party. See example.
Now all that is left is to add your name and copy right info. For the name... effects,
plugins, eyecandy 4000, glass on these settings...
Click on the settins in the "glass" box and click on glass tube, on the basics tab...
Bevel Width 31.70
Smoothness 100
Inside Marquee checked
Edge Darkening 25
Gradient shading 0
Refraction 50
Opacity 80
Tinting 5
Click ok, click on adjust, add noise on these settings...
Uniform checked
Noise 36
Monochrome checked.
Effects, plugins, eyecandy 4000, gradient glow on these settings...
Glow width: 5
Soft Corners: 25
Overall opacity: 100
Draw only outside selection: checked
Click on color and make the first slider black and make the second slider white. Add your
drop shadow.
Now crop and resize your siggy. I always resize mine to 500.
Add your copyright info and license number if using a PTU tube. I always add a gradient
glow to the copyright info that way it can be used on any color of background and the copyright
will still show up.

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial! Remember tutorials are just guidelines, make it your own and
have fun with it! I would love to see what you made! So either leave me a link where I can see
it or send me an email with it! I have a slide show and would love to show it off!
Thank you and have a great day!

0 comments:

.

About Me

My Photo
Crys
I am a SAHM of 2 very active kids and a Wife to a wonderful man. I also take care of my grandma who lives with us...so yep I am a busy girl...lol, I started out as a tagger almost 4 yrs ago and then I started making templates and writing tutorials, one day I decided I wanted to try my hand at making scrap kits...and almost 2 years later, I am still making them. I have met a lot of amazing people along the way that have helped and given me support through-out all of this. Big hugs and thanks! Well that is about it, if you want to know more...just shoot me an email!
View my complete profile

My Friends

My Scrap Blog

Photobucket

Snag My Blinkie

My Blinkie

Email Me

Send your results from my tutorials and I'll post them on my blog. I'd love to see what you make! Just send them to me at the link below and I'll get them posted. creativescrapsbycrys@yahoo.com