Welcome

My tutorials are all copyright compliant and created for those with a working knowledge of PSP. All tutorials are of my own creation and any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidence. I strive to be 100% copyright compliant, so if you see something of yours on my blog that I haven't given credit for, please notify me immediately so I can give credit or take it down. Do not take my tutorials and claim them as your own or place them on another site. Direct people to my blog instead. I hope you enjoy my tutorials!
Powered by Blogger.

My Visitors

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

FTU Tutorial ~ Buried Treasure


This tutorial is for someone with the basic knowledge of PSP

For this tutorial you will need the following:

I've used a PTU tube by Keith Garvey. You can purchase his art HERE
(*Note you must have a license to use his art)

Scrap Kit: Buried Treasure by Stormy @ Sinfully Creative Scraps HERE

Mask: I used mask #404 by Vix you can get it HERE

Plug-ins:
Eyecandy 4000: Gradient glow

Font Used: Rapscallioin

♥ Let's Get started! ♥

In Psp Open new layer 600x600, make sure it is on 72 DPI and trasparent is checked.
For the drop shadow on everything I am using the following settings:
Vertacle: 3, Horizontal: 3, Opacity: 70, Blur: 6, color black. (you use what ever you want)

Open your scrap kit and select:
Rope frame
Paper 1 resize by 78%
Paper 4 resize by 68%
Parrot resize by 40%
Net (do not resize)
Grass (do not resize)
Fence (do not resize)
Treasure Chest (resize 78%, mirror)
Reed (resize 36%, mirror)
Bar of Gold 1 (resize 36%, mirror)
Tall grass 3 (resize 36%)
Ship 2 resize (44%)
Scrolls (resize 36%, free rotate 20%)

Copy paper 4 and add mask. Copy and paste the rope frame to the 600x600 raster layer.
Erase the end of the ropes so they do not go below the bottom.
Copy paper 1 and paste behind the rope frame. Erase
any paper that appears outside the frame. See sample for detail. Next copy and paste the fence
arrange to your liking and erase any part of the fence that appears outside the frame. Paste the
grass and adjust,erasing anything outside the frame. Copy and Paste the boat just above the fence
(see sample for example) now with your eraser,
erase some bottom edges of the boat to make it look like it is actually in the water.
Copy and paste the Reed, Move it to the far left side of the fence. Arrange to above the
frame. Copy and paste the treasure chest, move to the left side, copy and paste the gold bar
and move to in front of the treasure chest. Copy and paste the parrot. Arrange on the
left side of the frame. Copy and paste tall grass, move to the right side of the frame.
Copy and paste the net and adjust on the right side of the frame. You can keep checking the
sample for placement. Copy and paste the scrolls and place over the frame on the bottom by
the treasure chest.
Copy the tube you are using and paste it to the right side adjust to look good.
Make sure you add your drop shadow to the elements and the tube.
All you have to do is add your name. If you want your text to stand out like the one I did,
after typing out the name, Convert to a raster then click on adjust add noise, with these settings:
Uniform checked, Noise at 64%, and monochrome checked.
Now if you want to use the Gradient Glow for around the text, go to effects, plug-ins,
eyecandy, gradient glow on these settings:
Glow width 3, soft corners 25, Overall opacity 100, click on color tab, with these settings:
make the first slider black and then make a second slider with black and move it 1/4 of the way out
make a third slider and make it white. Move it to the half way point and then click ok. Add
your drop shadow and your copyright info. Click on the crop tool and crop the siggy.
Now resize it to your liking then add your copyright information if needed.
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial! Thank you

0 comments:

.

About Me

My Photo
Crys
I am a SAHM of 2 very active kids and a Wife to a wonderful man. I also take care of my grandma who lives with us...so yep I am a busy girl...lol, I started out as a tagger almost 4 yrs ago and then I started making templates and writing tutorials, one day I decided I wanted to try my hand at making scrap kits...and almost 2 years later, I am still making them. I have met a lot of amazing people along the way that have helped and given me support through-out all of this. Big hugs and thanks! Well that is about it, if you want to know more...just shoot me an email!
View my complete profile

My Friends

My Scrap Blog

Photobucket

Snag My Blinkie

My Blinkie

Email Me

Send your results from my tutorials and I'll post them on my blog. I'd love to see what you make! Just send them to me at the link below and I'll get them posted. creativescrapsbycrys@yahoo.com